Re: Foam for SASS

Subject: Re: Foam for SASS
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:32 pm ((PDT))
Hi John,

I reckon you do have the right type of foam with your green piece.
If it is one grade up from regular density you should be right.

I just weighed a small block of my grey foam, it is exactly half the
size of your piece, and also half the weight at just over 60 grams.
Yes it is quite squishy.  I can blow breath through it with a little
effort.

I also looked at the original Crown SASS "black" foam, it weighs the
same, just over 60 grams.  The texture is slightly finer than my grey
block from Clark Rubber, but about the same effort is required to
blow through it.  Interesting now that I have the Crown SASS foam in
my hands I can see that it is actually grey in the centre and looks
as if it has been dipped in black dye at either end (to make it
prettier no doubt).

Good luck with the DIY project, you'll be right!

Vicki