Re: the frustrations of engine noise

Subject: Re: the frustrations of engine noise
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Mon Jul 2, 2012 4:05 pm ((PDT))
Hi John,

For jet plane noise, if they are high flying, you can try a low pass
filter EQ (a simple procedure).  Or to completely remove the jet
noise you can try a brick wall filtering approach, i.e. completely
remove all frequencies below, say, 1000 Hz, and replace that section
with audio from a quiet location, just the section below 1000 Hz.
For chainsaws and motorbikes their noise is worse because it goes up
and down in pitch.  Maybe the newer version of Izotope may be able to
track the noise and remove it?  I only have the older version of RX.

Don't give up recording!  Perhaps take your next holidays at a remote
location :-)

cheers,

Vicki