Re: All the same except direction.

Subject: Re: All the same except direction.
From: "freitojos" freitojos
Date: Sun Jun 3, 2012 11:40 am ((PDT))
Wil,
Yes, my thougt about the wind was wrong. The normalizaton was the problem. =
However the ambiance where the nightingale sings is louder than the ambianc=
e where the emberiza calandra sings. The first ambiance was wet and with a =
lot of vegetation, the other one is like a desert, withou water only some c=
ork trees. Now I know I can't normalize without listen carefully first.than=
k you.
Regards,
Jos=E9

--- In  Wil Hershberger <> wrote:

> There also appears to be a significant increase in the insect sounds in t=
he second cut. There are a lot more flying insects, bees by the sounds I ca=
n hear. However, there does appear to be a difference in the recording gain=
 that was set for the two recordings.
> In my experience facing the parabola into the wind is quieter than having=
 the wind at the back of the parabola. My thoughts are that the wind coming=
 around the parabola creates turbulence that affect the mics when facing aw=
ay from the wind. Facing the wind the air becomes "compacted" into the dish=
 and reduces turbulence within the dish and therefore around the mics. Just=
 a speculation.

> Wil Hershberger
> Nature Images and Sounds, LLC
> Hedgesville, WV
> The Songs of Insects
> My Blog
>

> On Jun 3, 2012, at 12:37 PM, freitojos wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > These two files with same microphones, same day, same place and almost =
the same hour only one change of direction 180=BA of the parabola,in the tr=
ipod. Why are they so different, is it the wind? In the noisier, the second=
 one the microphones faced the wind in the first they where protected by th=
e parabola? Why the second is much more noisier only with a change of direc=
tion? There was 1.5/2km/h wind.