Re: Best support for Sennheiser ME-67? It's so long!

Subject: Re: Best support for Sennheiser ME-67? It's so long!
From: "Mitch Hill" wa1ykn
Date: Thu May 24, 2012 1:44 pm ((PDT))
On 5/24/2012 4:29 PM, timjacksonsa wrote:
> Thanks Mitch (I read a number of your threads on Birdforum too btw - they=
 were really useful). Seems like the SMH-1 would be a solid place to start =
given my requirements. The plastic hot-shoe mount is a good thing actually =
- better to break a $30 Azden than wrench the hotshoe off a $3000 Nikon! It=
's happened with my flashes before so I've seen the aftermath. I wanted to =
adapt it as a pistol grip too, so those extra threads will come in really u=
seful.

Tim,
This link should take you to a folder of 4 photographs of my
ME-67/K6/SMH-1 on the hand grip I use with it.

http://www.4shared.com/folder/jYJuPm9j/_online.html

I say, the link "should" take you to the folder however 4shard's web
site has recently been changed and a lot of links don't work now. If you
do not get to the photos as expected, please advise me and I'll try a
different method...

BTW, the brass fitting on the back end of the SMH-1 in the photographs
is a light stand swivel head fitting adapter, it is not part of the
SMH-1.  That fitting allows me to use light stands as a tripod for the
microphone when needed.

Mitch Hill

(Sent from HP DV6T)