Best support for Sennheiser ME-67? It's so long!

Subject: Best support for Sennheiser ME-67? It's so long!
From: "timjacksonsa" timjacksonsa
Date: Thu May 24, 2012 11:24 am ((PDT))
Just trying to work out the best way to support an ME-67 using some sort of=
 a shock mount. I need it primarily to fit onto the hot-shoe of an HDSLR fo=
r ease of use. Quite happy if it extends forward a long way as I'll use it =
with a telephoto (500mm) lens.

The trouble is this shotgun is so long that Rycote don't recommend a specif=
ic mount:

http://www.rycote.com/resources/microphone_database/sennheiser_-_me_67_k6/

I've looked at a number of alternatives. Rode make a pistol grip (PG2) but =
I'm sceptical about it as there is only one support point. There is an alte=
rnative too, the Azden MH-1, but the ME-67 is so front heavy I hear it droo=
ps down and touches onto the mount. My budget runs to about US$100, so the =
US$300+ mounts from Sennheiser are out of my league. I live in South Africa=
, so have limited access to E-Bay sites that would work for me. Oh, and I'm=
 not after a cheap rip-off either, and need something that's fairly robust =
as I need to pack it into my checked luggage for flights. Guess I might be =
dreaming, but if someone has a shock mount that works well for them with an=
 ME-67 and wind muff I'd be grateful to hear from them. Otherwise the ME-66=
 seems a lot easier to mount. Thanks! Tim