Re: Hi from India

Subject: Re: Hi from India
From: "hungryjack81" hungryjack81
Date: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:06 am ((PDT))
Hi Peter
Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late response. Your message never en=
tered my inbox though I had edited my membership right in the beginning to =
receive each post as an individual email. Request mods to please look into =
this.
Regarding your question about ebay and other online methods of buying - Ind=
ia is a relatively heavily regulated economy with huge amounts of import du=
ties on such items as recorders and microphones. So even if I buy from ebay=
 it will be intercepted by our customs and I will not only have to pay a lo=
t of duties but do a lot of running around too. It's easier to wait for a f=
riend to come back from the US ;-)
By the way, my microphone is an Australian brand. And incidentally my email=
 id happens to be after an Australian fast food chain :-)
Sudipto

--- In  Peter Shute <> wrote:

> Is it not possible to buy equipment online and from eBay? It's by far the=
 cheapest way to buy here in Australia, where the prices are also way highe=
r than what I see on sites like B&H. I couldn't find any shops selling the =
recorder here anyway.

> I also have an ME66/K6, and a Sony M10 recorder, and use it in a similar =
way to you.

> I've also recently begun leaving the recorder unattended with omnidirecti=
onal mics so I can listen afterwards and identify what was calling at the t=
ime. The camera isn't getting used much anymore.

> Peter Shute

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: