New to group...

Subject: New to group...
From: "hebertblaine" hebertblaine
Date: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:21 pm ((PDT))
Greetings & Salutations,

Recently I have begun recording music performances on a relative's Zoom H2 =
and am learning to manipulate sound files, mostly in Audacity.  My other in=
terests are in nature photography and recording and I would like to record =
bird songs and eventually spider courtship sounds using parabolic and non-p=
arabolic reflectors.

I am leaning toward purchasing a Tascam DR-05, primarily because of cost (I=
 do like its features).  Would someone care to try to talk me out of this c=
hoice?

Assuming I get a DR-05 or something similar, what mikes are readily adaptab=
le to use with this?  Is there a sensitive mike that I can adapt to use in =
a reflector?

If I am using a Zoom H2 or DR-05 what mikes would be appropriate for use as=
 external inputs in noisy environments (nightclubs, though yes that's OT)?

BH

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: