Re: New member

Subject: Re: New member
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:36 pm ((PDT))
Hi Ulf.

Yes, welcome!

With a Zoom H4n you get most for the money. Do not worry about PRO8
and self noise. The mic output will override any preamp noise.
Besides, the Zoom H4n also has a input for 3,5 mm and plug in power.
It does consume batteries, though. But so does the Fostex FR2LE, too,
which is bulkier and does not have a 3,5 mm input.  (Better XLR's though).

Question to the list members: Which recorders provide both XLR and
3,5 mm Plug In Power inputs?

Klas.