Re: new research on ocean noise and blue whales

Subject: Re: new research on ocean noise and blue whales
From: "Bernie Krause" bigchirp1
Date: Fri Mar 2, 2012 4:45 pm ((PST))
Hell, Richard, when I was scientific co-director of the team that
lured Humphrey the Whale out of San Francisco Bay in October/November
1985, and the "trapped" humpback (actually a female) heard the Alaskan
feeding sounds through the underwater speaker off our boat, it covered
400m in 15 seconds, at first, and then 49 miles (79km) to SF Bay in 7
hours before darkness fell and we lost it til the next day. Damned
things can move when they need to. And that was lured, not stressed.

Bernie