Re: Some basic processing questions

Subject: Re: Some basic processing questions
From: "Avocet" madl74
Date: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:28 am ((PST))
> Some frown on using headphones for mixing, but the vast majority of
> consumers listen that way, so it is entirely appropriate. And it's
> the cheapest way to get into the realm of decent sound reproduction.

Robin and Peter.

When I was recording professionally, I had to use headphones almost
exclusively. When stereo came in, I had to train my ears by comparing
the headphone sound to loudspeaker sound, and they remain trained. It
shocked the studio guys who couldn't contemplate music mixing on
headphones, but with field recording, there is no choice. One trip I
did was the Havana Jazz Festival, recording multitrack in the open
arena with some very heavy PeeVees aimed towards me.

I agree that it is worth paying good money for quality monitoring
headphones with good exterior exclusion.

David

David Brinicombe
North Devon, UK
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce