Re: Some basic processing questions

Subject: Re: Some basic processing questions
From: "Bernie Krause" bigchirp1
Date: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:01 pm ((PST))
We always put a -30dB reference tone at the head of every recording
followed by signal that is recorded at a known pre-set input level
setting. That way, if we do decide to normalize, we can always go back
to the reference tone and reset the track to a -30 setting. Then the
track can always be re-calibrated should that be needed.

This works only as long as both the reference tone and the recorded
signal remain part of the same contiguous clip and haven't been fussed
with separately.

Bernie