Re: New Soundscapes/Field Recordings

Subject: Re: New Soundscapes/Field Recordings
From: "hartogj" hartogj
Date: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:23 pm ((PST))
Hi Louie,
I wrote:
"...what the heck are you talking about?"

I must apologize for that. I was trying to be informal, though I'm sure it =
came off as impolite. Thank you for expanding your ideas and especially for=
 being kind in your reply.

As far as you "mixing up this thread," there maybe two different subject he=
adings, but they are both of the same discussion.

"Sublime" has already been interpreted several different ways in the respon=
ses so far. My inclination is that a perception sublime could manifest from=
 many different situations whether spontaneous or intentional.  Whether suc=
h an experiences are conveyed to others through a nature recording will par=
tly depend the underlying emotional state of the listener. Like moments of =
lucid thought, perceptions sublime require a convergence of forces not nece=
ssarily under ones own control.

John Hartog
rockscallop.org