Re: Wrapping cables

Subject: Re: Wrapping cables
From: "Avocet" madl74
Date: Thu Dec 8, 2011 3:30 pm ((PST))
> Like this?
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D6duVvwdd5F0

Peter,

Nearly right but this guy was never my assistant. :-) It looks
laborious when all you have to do is to roll the cable between thumb
and finger.

You will soon be doing it with your eyes shut or while talking to a
producer, etc. And tie up longer leads with string.

For fine leads like long 3,5mm plug cables, I use a figure of eight
over my right thumb and little finger. This one doesn't even need
tying. Works with string as well.

To give credit where credit is due, over-under was started by a BBC
Film Unit Recordist called Bill Barker in the 1960's.

David

David Brinicombe
North Devon, UK
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce