Re: A not so great first session with AT4022 + Fostex FR2-LE

Subject: Re: A not so great first session with AT4022 + Fostex FR2-LE
From: "mrmarcanderson" mrmarcanderson
Date: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:02 am ((PDT))
Thanks a lot for feedback so far - I'll experiment with the Fostex settings=
 & try some new recordings soon when it is not so windy here in Sydney.

--- In  Dan Dugan <> wrote:

> > I was guessing at what levels to set the Fostex at. I set the Mic Trim =
levels at about 80% and the Main Recording Level at 100% (which still was n=
ot peaking with even the loudest bird sounds) . After searching the forum f=
or more info on this it seems that setting the levels a little lower might =
be a better option. Any comments on this from those who are using this equi=
pment?

> I don't use it but I helped someone get started with it. I suggest turnin=
g the trims all the way up and the master down. For a rough level talk to y=
ourself in a normal voice with a mic at arm's length, and set the master so=
 you have 6-10 dB of headroom.