Re: an interesting microphone deal

Subject: Re: an interesting microphone deal
From: "Curt Olson" flipov411
Date: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:22 am ((PDT))
Thank you for the reply, Mike. You're a lot more advanced on the
electronics side of things than me. I'm currently using an earlier
version of this:

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-SPSB-8

The EM-172 capsules clearly performed better with the battery box than
with PIP from the Sony PCM-M10 or Hi-MD recorders. The WL-183s seem to
tolerate the lower voltages much better. I assume it's beneficial to
use the battery box, but I can't hear an obvious difference.

Thanks again,

Curt Olson