a noisy recording of many birds

Subject: a noisy recording of many birds
From: "Abhijit Menon-Sen"
Date: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:31 am ((PDT))
Hi.

Here's a very noisy (as in earth-moving equipment and passing cars)
recording I made near Sultanpur National Park, Haryana, India:

    http://toroid.org/misc/scape.mp3

The recording begins with the repetitive buzzing of a Graceful Prinia
(Prinia gracilis, the species I actually wanted to record). Next up is
the sharp disyllabic downwards whistle of a Black Drongo (Dicrurus
macrocercus, which calls throughout).

Starting from ~18s, one can hear the metronic clip-clip-clip call of a
displaying Zitting Cisticola (Cisticola juncidis). Soon afterwards (but
faintly, until it becomes more clear around 29s), a male Ashy-crowned
Sparrow-lark (Eremopterix griseus) begins its protracted parachuting
display flight, where the ascent is accompanied by a sweet rising
whistle, followed by a jumble of notes during the descent.

At 33s (and a couple of times later), a White-eared Bulbul's bubbling
call is audible. At 44.5s, a very sharp four-note ti-ti-ti-ti could be
a Purple Sunbird (Cinnyris asiaticus), though I'm not at all sure. It
could possibly be the alarm call of the prinia, or something else.

There's another call that I can't identify. It's a distant krew-krew
that is often repeated, and occurs in isolation between 19.5s and 20s,
and again between 37.5s and 38s. It's probably nothing very unusual, but
I didn't hear the bird while making the recording, and I can't place it
now.

I'm sorry about all the vehicular noise.

-- ams