Anna=92s Hummingbird

Subject: Anna=92s Hummingbird
From: "Jim Morgan" fundador_four
Date: Thu Jun 9, 2011 8:31 am ((PDT))
This is the song of a male Anna=92s Hummingbird, perched in a cottonwood
tree, about nine feet away. The song consists of groups of raspy zeee
zeee zeee notes occasionally interrupted by a sharper cherp reick
chick chick call. Note that the raspy zeee zeee zeee calls are very
common, but the sharper cherp reick chick chick is, in my experience,
rather uncommon.

Note that the first 15 sec. segment of this file is the raw and
unedited. The remainder is filtered to remove traffic and other
non-natural sounds.

The equipment was a Telinga Twin Science mic and a Sony MZ-R50
Minidisk recorder.

See http://soundcloud.com/fundador/0873-annas-hum-15-67-68-raw for recordin=
g.

I would welcome any comments good or bad.

Best regards,

Jim Morgan
Prescott, AZ