The equipment used must be calibratable to known standards so that

Subject: The equipment used must be calibratable to known standards so that
future recordings at the site can be replicated as to input levels,
mic system, sensitivity and freq response, etc. If acoustically
mapping out a larger site, you will want to disburse the same type of
equipment in several locations and set to record during the same time
periods.
Message: 2.