Re: International Travel with audio gear

Subject: Re: International Travel with audio gear
From: "Marc Myers" primatemarc
Date: Sat May 7, 2011 7:12 pm ((PDT))
I've traveled often with audio and video gear. I always carry multiple copi=
es of an itemized list of the significant equipment including description, =
serial numbers and purchase price in US $. Some countries are concerned you=
 are brining in expensive stuff to sell so they want to make sure you leave=
 with what your brought. It's much easier to have something describing you =
equipment on hand. I've never had any trouble bringing my stuff back but I'=
m always paranoid anyway. I am required to check some equipment, tripod, li=
ght stands, etc. But cameras, microphones and audio recorders, recording me=
dia and batteries are carry-on.
My other advice is to buy good cases that meet both airlines carry-on requi=
rements and your field needs. I prefer the flexibility of soft cases.