A filtered Black-capped chickadee and a workshop

Subject: A filtered Black-capped chickadee and a workshop
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:57 pm ((PDT))
http://naturesound.org/?p=3D402

This is the sound of a Black-capped chickadee giving the "sweetie" calls. W=
hat I wanted to demonstrate here is how far technology has advanced with fi=
ltering programs. The first section is the original recording with all the =
urban sprawl, Cars, blowers etc. I then cleaned up the recording removing m=
uch of the low frequencies. Listen to the difference, This is especially us=
eful when wanting to isolate species so that you can use them in an audio r=
eference guide without all the noisy distractions..

Original recording made in my front garden.
Microphone: Soundfield ST450
Recorder: Sound Devices 788t
Tripod mounted with rycote windjammer and dead cat.
Weather: Partly cloudy
Temp:54f
Winds: Calm
Recordist: Martyn Stewart

http://www.facebook.com/pages/NaturesoundorgMartyn-Stewart/270743161947?ref=
=3Dsgm

Join us on May 13th to the 15th for our annual recording workshop and learn=
 just how to do this..
Details here
http://naturesound.org/?page_id=3D55

Martyn