Re: Blumlein Pair / Ribbon Mics outdoors.

Subject: Re: Blumlein Pair / Ribbon Mics outdoors.
From: "Gregory O'Drobinak" gmo_dunes2
Date: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:48 pm ((PDT))
Interesting. I assume that the mics are located one above the other, i.e., =
truly
coincident?

I would love to hear this setup with a filled stereo field more out in the =
wild,
more species from left to right. Can you get it out there for us?

I have read many times that the Blumlein pair is really fine for doing natu=
re
recording, but I don't believe that I have ever heard any recordings done t=
his
way before. I don't have any figure-8 mics right now, just about everything=

else. I have had some good results with ORTF cardiods, though.

Thanks, Mike!

-Greg