Re: Rycote for Sony PCM-M10

Subject: Re: Rycote for Sony PCM-M10
From: "Scott Fraser" scottbfraser
Date: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:49 am ((PST))
<<I had the Sony windscreen before. It stays on reasonably well, via an
elastic "waistband".>>

The Rycote has a drawstring which holds it fairly tightly to the
recorder, but as a generic device intended to fit several different
makes of machine it is rather deep. When pulled snug it covers the
display on the Sony PCM D50. I've done some strategic cutting of the
fur around the bottom so it no longer hangs over the drawstring, which
helps keep at least the meter portion of the display visible.

<<It works... OK. helps in a mild breeze, but wind is audible above
say 5mph.>>

That's about my impression with the Rycote on the PCM D50. Good for
general use, but not really adequate at the beach.

Scott Fraser