3. Re: Beginner Equipment Question

Subject: 3. Re: Beginner Equipment Question
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:19 pm ((PDT))
I had no improvement in gain when using PIP mics via a battery box to
an Olympus LS10.  The signal strength and noise levels were about the
same with or without the battery box.

The one advantage I found though, for a battery box to LS10, was when
using a long lead (25 metres in my case), where I placed the battery
box at the mic end then ran the signal only (not the power) back
through the cable to the recorder.  That way I had no crackling if I
happened to move the input plug going into the LS10.  Previously when
running power from the LS10 to the mics via a 25 m lead, the input
plug was prone to crackle with the slightest bump.

Vicki