Re: DR680 file storage and reliability

Subject: Re: DR680 file storage and reliability
From: "Mitch Hill" wa1ykn
Date: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:12 pm ((PDT))
Hi Ricardo,

Thank You for your interest...

My computer is a Windows PC...

At 08:57 PM 8/18/2010 +0100, you wrote:

>I think you could try to zero your card and then format on the machine

I know of what you are suggesting and I bet that might work...  I used to
operate Linux machines however after retiring, simply didn't need the
bother and went for the Windows simplicity as I was tired of working with
computers day in and day out... I do have an old Linux machine in the shop=

but haven't turned it on in years, I could probably do as you suggest
however I have a handful of SDHC cards that do work in the machine so its
mostly a point of mystery as I would have expected the Class six card to
work better than the Class 4...

I did purchase a new Class 10 card on the Tascam tested media list hoping
it was something with the write speed of the 8 Gb Class 4 cards but that
had no effect on the problem, first recording session with the class 10
card and the DR680 locked up...

Understand that ALL cards used in the DR680 so far have been listed by
Tascam as tested in the DR680 and recommended...

So, its sort of a moot point now, good only for complaining to Tascam that=

their tested/recommended media list would appear to be incorrect...

--

Thanks,
Mitch & Shadow...

http://www.4shared.com/dir/UTASxktL/wildlife.html