Re: LS11 and Zoom H4N timers?

Subject: Re: LS11 and Zoom H4N timers?
From: "Ricardo Reis" rreis.kyriu
Date: Sun Aug 8, 2010 2:57 am ((PDT))
HI

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010, Mitch Hill wrote:

> I do agree the idea of using the remote jack is probably the best way to
> control the LS-11 for timed recording, however:
>
> At 10:56 PM 8/7/2010 +0100, you wrote:
>
>> the remote ataches to the LS with a 1/4 jack. If you plug it to a comput=
er
>> and record it you will, probably, (I guess) get which signal trigers and
>> stops recording.
>
> This information is incorrect.  The remote jack on the LS-11 is a 2.5mm T=
RS
> (TRRS?) type. The LS-11 remote control is an infrared wireless type and
> uses a receiver module plugs into the jack on the LS-11.
>
> Regrettably, there is no information in the LS-11 manual that comes with
> the recorder to explain what the interface is. I have searched on line an=
> not been able to find any technical information or anything about
> compatibility of the LS-11 with the other remote control devises Olympus
> sells for the LS-10...

I've checked the manual and the LS-10 remote is the same has the LS-11,
the RS30W (it seems you imply otherwise, if I misread please accept my
apologies).

Thanks for the corrections on the jack type.

> What I would recommend is contacting Olympus Customer Support, I have abo=
ut
> different issues and found them to be very good to deal with on the
> phone...

probably the best advice :)

best regards,

  Ricardo Reis

  'Non Serviam'

  PhD candidate @ Lasef
  Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Turbulence
  http://www.lasef.ist.utl.pt

  Cultural Instigator @ R=E1dio Zero
  http://www.radiozero.pt

  Keep them Flying! Ajude a/help Aero F=E9nix!

  http://www.aeronauta.com/aero.fenix

  http://www.flickr.com/photos/rreis/

                            < sent with alpine 2.00 >