Re: LS11 and Zoom H4N timers?

Subject: Re: LS11 and Zoom H4N timers?
From: "Mitch Hill" wa1ykn
Date: Sat Aug 7, 2010 4:22 pm ((PDT))
I do agree the idea of using the remote jack is probably the best way to
control the LS-11 for timed recording, however:

At 10:56 PM 8/7/2010 +0100, you wrote:

>the remote ataches to the LS with a 1/4 jack. If you plug it to a computer
>and record it you will, probably, (I guess) get which signal trigers and
>stops recording.

This information is incorrect.  The remote jack on the LS-11 is a 2.5mm TRS=

(TRRS?) type. The LS-11 remote control is an infrared wireless type and
uses a receiver module plugs into the jack on the LS-11.

Regrettably, there is no information in the LS-11 manual that comes with
the recorder to explain what the interface is. I have searched on line and=

not been able to find any technical information or anything about
compatibility of the LS-11 with the other remote control devises Olympus
sells for the LS-10...

I would caution about hooking this unit up to a computer to determine what=

signals are in the remote control jack. Reason being, I have a Marantz
PMB661 and the Marantz manual does show about using the remote jack and
shows a wiring diagram of the remote which is a resistor string network
that presents different resistances to the recorder depending on which
switch contact is closed. There is nothing in the Olympus manual to
indicate this is the same concept and I only mention it here to demonstrate=

that the interface may be more complex than you might guess...

What I would recommend is contacting Olympus Customer Support, I have about=

different issues and found them to be very good to deal with on the
phone...

--

Thanks,
Mitch & Shadow...