Sony PCM-M10 recorder...Line in or PIP mic jack?

Subject: Sony PCM-M10 recorder...Line in or PIP mic jack?
From: "ourobouros2k2" ourobouros2k2
Date: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:30 am ((PDT))
I know there has been much discussion about various rigs for xlr to recorde=
r, but which input is better for quiet recording? Are there any caveats to =
line in recording with a good preamp?

I was looking at this as a possible solution as well..

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/615405-REG/ART_USBDUALPREPS_USB_Dual_=
Pre.html#specifications

What is your opinion on this with a pair of nt1a's? Would the preamp introd=
uce more noise than just using the onboard preamps, or are there any other =
considerations to think of?

Many thanks to all of you that answer my obviously beginner-level questions=
.

regards
Andy