Re: Sony PCM-M10 recorder...Line in or PIP mic jack?

Subject: Re: Sony PCM-M10 recorder...Line in or PIP mic jack?
From: "Robb Nichols" robb_nichols
Date: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:06 pm ((PDT))
I bought one of these a while ago.  Pieces were falling off of it as
soon as I started evaluating it and the battery got stuck in the unit.
It worked fine, but I put it on a shelf for a year after that.  I got it
back out a few months ago to see if it might be useful as part of a test
fixture and one channel was really noisy.  At least in my case, I'd say
that the quality is really poor.  But it does look like a well-made
piece for the money.  I'd like to have a little more gain with it.

I just got my PCM-M10 Friday and haven't had a chance to even look at
it.  But I would guess that you would be better served using the
recorder's preamps with an external phantom power supply.

Regards, Robb