Re: Greetings Everyone...

Subject: Re: Greetings Everyone...
From: "Mitch Hill" wa1ykn
Date: Wed May 26, 2010 6:56 pm ((PDT))
Hi Vicki,

Thanks for your reply, I'm pleased to hear you are using the Sennheiser ME
Message: 66.

Subject:
You make an interesting comment that causes me to realize I should have
included that my interest is primarily for single species recordings that I
plan to use for learning about what bird makes what sound. My intent is to
record the sounds in the field, take them home and match them to bird
calls/songs in the on line data bases such as Cornell's BNA (Birds of North
America)...

Being familiar with Sennheiser gear, two microphones I have been/am
considering are the Sennheiser ME 66/K6 and the MKE 300 however budget
limits have me considering this subject very carefully. Since the first of
the year I have upgraded my camera gear to DSLR cameras (Nikon D300s as I
have a sizable collection of great older Nikon AI series lenses) and now
with the Olympus LS-11 on its way, its down to what I can comfortably afford.

I'm very curious as to what other shotgun microphones are suitable and
popular for this type of application.

Thanks again for your reply...
Mitch...