Re: Zoom H4n caveat

Subject: Re: Zoom H4n caveat
From: "Mark Brennan" markbrennanfinear=
Date: Thu May 13, 2010 12:22 pm ((PDT))

My H4N arrived Monday, I haven't had much of a chance to use it somewhere q=
uiet yet. I have a pair of Klas's Telinga clip on's that I hope=A0to use wi=
th it. Early recordings seem very nice.=A0 Here's a question. I often wonde=
r what=A0db level I=A0should be looking for when doing an ambient nature re=
cording.=A0I have looked around for various 'standards' on the net but ther=
e seems to be quite a few different=A0opinions and most=A0of them based aro=
und music production.=A0What is the generally accepted level for=A0nature r=
ecordings that will be used in perhaps film or radio or even cd production =
for things like birding software. (I just bought my daughter the Audubon i-=
pod birding software and there=A0some names=A0I recognize in the credits, M=
artyn, Kevin et al. Is there such a 'standard' in the world of nature recor=
ding?
cheers
Mark