Re: Boom pole technique and the Rode Blimp.

Subject: Re: Boom pole technique and the Rode Blimp.
From: "jtudor2005" jtudor2005
Date: Sun May 9, 2010 3:16 pm ((PDT))

--- In  "Sean" <> wrote:

> It is sad that the the $300 rode blimp has to be customized in order to
> get the nt4 to work well in it. I was looking at tyhe blimp to use with
> the nt4 and a few other rode mics. If someone were to want a way to
> mount the nt4 and other mics on a boom, what would you recommend?
>
> Also, how does the rode boom pole work out? B&H has it for $130 but for
> $40 more you can get a k-tek pole with a cable coiled in in so then you
> would just connect the end to your gear.
> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/319988-REG

Firstly, the K-Tek pole only has a 3 wire cable inside. if you want to use =
it with your NT4 you'll need a five wire cable and 5 pin XLR.

And I used my NT4 in a Rode blimp without any issues. I used slightly heavi=
er rubbers for the suspension (the NT4 is heavy) and moved the top support =
pins to the top holes making it more vertical, leaving the bottom supports =
spread wide. I had very little handling noise doing this.

I also use the Rode pole (the lon one) and find it very well made and easy =
to use. I'm not sure if I'd want an internal cable, as it could present pro=
blems with a 'field' repair.