1. Re: FR-2LE & AT4022

Subject: 1. Re: FR-2LE & AT4022
From: "Scott Fraser" scottbfraser
Date: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:50 am ((PDT))
<< the rising noise floor of the MKH60 above 10khz is clearly
illustrated. You could consider this as the "dirty little secret" of
the MKH series which is tailored to give good A-weighted noise
figures. >>

While it certainly helps the specs on paper, if Sennheiser is indeed
shaping the self noise into the region above 10kHz it is also helping
the perceived sonic results as well. I find electronic noise tends to
predominate a good bit lower than that range. I may be losing
sensitivity in the upper end of my hearing, but I generally am
applying broad filters centered around 6kHz to deal with electronic
noise.

Scott Fraser