Re: Telinga mic's, Olympus and Zoom Recorders.

Subject: Re: Telinga mic's, Olympus and Zoom Recorders.
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Tue Mar 9, 2010 3:38 pm ((PST))
Thanks for sharing! I have only had the Zoom for a week and have not
tested the XLR inputs more than what I said in the posting, - no
audible noise problems.  But I did experience that a PRO7 handle,
which runs on phantom power, gave a poorer signal than the PRO7W into
the 3,5 mm input. (The PRO7W runs on 7,2v from a internal battery.)
So you might be right, providing the mic's connected to the XLR's
don't give enough juice to drown the Zoom noise.

I have no idea at all about battery life yet. Only 100 minutes sound poor..=
..

The EM23 is still available and the best alternative for recorders
with a current generator providing Plug In Power, like MD's and the
other Sony=B4s.

Klas.