Re: NTG3 and high frequency sounds with FR2-LE

Subject: Re: NTG3 and high frequency sounds with FR2-LE
From: "digidandy" digidandy
Date: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:43 am ((PST))
Mike--

Did you manage to resolve this issue?

I am currently considering buying a NTG-3 for use with my FR2-LE, but your =
remarks has made me a bit uneasy about the whole thing.

=D8.

--- In  "Mike Rooke" <> wrote:

> Hi Grant,
>         I returned the mic today and received a new one. I also took the =
recorder and demonstrated the effect at the store. The new mic didnt have t=
he same problem during the time I tested it. All very odd.

> The FR2-LE is running from a NiMH Tamiya (like) battery pack, but could v=
ery well be that the NTG3 is rather demanding with its power requirements. =
I normally run NT1A's and NT2A's on the FR2-LE. Ill listen out for the effe=
ct with the new mic, shame if the recorder  cannot be used with this mic as=
 is.

> BR
> -Mike.
>
> --- In  "Grant Finlay" <grantfinlay@> wr=
ote:

> > It could be "motor boating",
> > basically it means that the mixer (or recorder in this case) is having =
trouble providing enough current for the mic. Several small mixers (ie: SD3=
02) have this problem with various microphones. You can use a separate ph48=
v power supply for the mic to get around the issue, they have some here:
> > http://www.trewaudio.com/consignment/microphone_acc/
> >

> > Regards,
> > Grant
> > http://naturesounds.co.nz
> >

> > --- In  "Mike Rooke" <yg@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >     First I suspect this mic is faulty, but would like to know if any=
one has experience low to high to low frequency sounds (repeating) with the=
 Rode NTG3 and Fostex FR2-LE (on max gain) combination? An odd question sin=
ce my other mics work fine yet this new one may have some serious issues.