Olympus LS-10 Digital Recorder: Unwanted Clicks and Pops

Subject: Olympus LS-10 Digital Recorder: Unwanted Clicks and Pops
From: "greg.winterflood" greg.winterflood
Date: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:06 pm ((PST))
I know this subject was discussed by The Group in February 2009, but I can't
see a definitive answer to the problem. Today, for Valentine's Day, I was given
my first series of clicks and pops. These occurred separately, in the Right and
Left channels. The one thing that was different from my previous recording
locations, was that I was quite close to an 11,000 Volt power line transformer.
A Peaceful Dove (Geopelia placida) was calling from one of the high tension
lines. The recorder was mounted on a small metal and plastic tripod sitting on
the footpath. I am wondering if the presence of the transformer and power lines
may have something to do with the generation of the clicks and pops?

Cheers,

Greg

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: