Re: clock sync (was Digital Recorders: a Marantz 661?)

Subject: Re: clock sync (was Digital Recorders: a Marantz 661?)
From: "Mike Rooke" picnet2
Date: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:43 pm ((PST))
Hi,

My mail was more of a plea to manufactures to consider adding something tha=
t allows recorders to sync if more than one of the same device are used, ra=
ther than specific timecode. E.g similar to the Zoom R16, expanding it with=
 a further 8 channels - but rather for stereo recorders with decent preamps=
. "plug this lead in and get a further 2 channels"
(even if proprietary)

-Mike.

--- In  "oryoki2000" <> wrote:

> "Mike Rooke" wrote:
> >
> > What really surprises me is the small recorders not offering clock sync=
 in/out

> The cheapest small recorder with timecode sync is the Tascam HD-P2 ($750 =
USD).  The Edirol R-4 Pro four channel recorder ($2000) also accepts timeco=
de input.

> The Edirol R44 is a good choice for an inexpensive four channel recorder =
that has decent preamps (but no timecode).  The less expensive four channel=
 options, such as the Zoom machines, have a marginal preamp, IMO.  Others l=
ike the Zoom.