Re: QuickTime- State of Media Sharing Practices (was Loons by John N

Subject: Re: QuickTime- State of Media Sharing Practices (was Loons by John N
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:40 pm ((PDT))
Rob wrote:
>And the "Save Source As" pull-down menu is accessible on the far
>right of a QT player embedded in a browser page?

Philip Tyler replied:

>Yes. I just tried it on John Neville's Loon recording and once it
>has fully loaded the file the 'Save Source As' is available. But it
>is greyed out until the file is fully loaded.

Thanks. I finally searched with some terms that lead to the solution:
QuickTime -> QuickTime Preferences -> Advanced -> Remove check mark
for "Enable kiosk mode".
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=1054018&#1054018check

John Neville's embedded .mp3 recording is accessible to me with QT Pro.
Let's hope I sounded a false alarm, for now. Rob D.