Re: QuickTime- State of Media Sharing Practices (was Loons by John N

Subject: Re: QuickTime- State of Media Sharing Practices (was Loons by John N
From: "Philip Tyler" macmang4125
Date: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:33 am ((PDT))
Hi Rob

QuickTime Player v7 Pro is working OK for me.

I upgraded to Snow Leopard and you get QuickTime Player v10 installed which
does not have the Pro features.

Have you tried re-entering your QuickTime Pro key code?

I was running Mac OS Tiger on a PowerBook G4, I then upgraded to a MacBook Pro
with Mac OS Leopard. I entered the QT Pro key I had when using my PowerBook
into QT under Leopard and it was recognised and I got all the Pro feature. When
I upgraded to Snow Leopard I thought at first I had lost my QT Pro features as
everything opens in QT v10. But a quick search showed that QT v7 was still on
the computer and had all the Pro features. So a heads up to anyone out there
upgrading to Snow Leopard. If you do clean install of Snow Leopard then you
will find that QT v7 will not be there and you will have to get the QT v7
installer. Upgrade and it will still be there but QT v10 will be made the
default player.

It's worth hanging onto QuickTime player v7, as there are rumours that the Pro
features might not be added to the 10 version? On the other hand there are
rumours that they will be included at no extra charge. Take your pick.

I just have to remember to open any file I want to have access to the Pro
features in the right version of QT, bit of a pain.

A useful utility, if you can call it that, is KeepVid:

http://keepvid.com/

You can paste a URL of a web site into it and it will retrieve the video file
for you if possible.

Phil