Zoom R16 ??

Subject: Zoom R16 ??
From: "Greg ODrobinak" gmo_dunes2
Date: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:16 pm ((PDT))
Hi!

Has anyone had the opportunity to try out the mic preamps in the new Zoom R=
16 8-channel (simultaneous) recorder? I am curious if they are any better t=
han those in the H4n.

If there are any hard specs or measurements of the preamp self-noise, I wou=
ld very much like to know about it.

This unit could be useful for surround recording as well as for simultaneou=
s recording of multiple stereo mic arrays for direct comparison of their us=
efulness in various environments.

BTW, I am aware of the limitation of the phantom power being available on o=
nly channels 5 & 6; you'd need an external phantom supply for more than two=
 mics.

-Greg O'Drobinak