Re: SONY PCM-D50 field recordings with inbuilt mics

Subject: Re: SONY PCM-D50 field recordings with inbuilt mics
From: "Phil Tyler" macmang4125
Date: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:32 am ((PDT))
A fly has just flown into my right ear and out again :-))

Very nice Raimund, I liked the Herons flying past and the water splash at t=
he end was good. For a point-and-shoot recorder I thought it did a very res=
pectable job.

The bats were something else the sound was great. I thought you got a real =
sense they were echo locating. The last loud 'ping' at the end had quite a =
pronounced echo to it. What post processing did you do to the bat recording=
. I ask as I am getting interested in bats, we have several come out and fl=
y around our house, and I would like to be able to record them and 'hear' t=
he result.

Thanks for these recordings it will help me make my decision on what point-=
and-shoot recorder I should get. As I am looking for something I can use on=
 its own or with my MixPre, the PCM-D50 is looking like my main candidate.

Regards

Phil

PS

My first attempt to reply to this post ended in a blank post, why I don't k=
now. But sorry about that everyone.

Phil

--- In  "Raimund Specht" <=
.> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Yesterday I played a bit with my SONY PCM-D50 and made a few recordings w=
ith its inbuilt microphones (set to the 120 degree position) at a pond in t=
he outskirts of Berlin, Germany.

> The first recording is a group of Grey Herons flying over. Unfortunately,=
 there is some jet noise in the first part:

> http://www.avisoft.com/sounds/Ardea_cinerea_st.mp3
>
> The second recording of a Noctule bat was made at a sample rate of 96 kHz=
 and then slowed down by a factor of 17 in order to make it audible:

> http://www.avisoft.com/sounds/Nyctalus_noctula_st.mp3
>

> Regards,
> Raimund

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: