[Nature Recordists] Headphone recommendations wanted

Subject: [Nature Recordists] Headphone recommendations wanted
From: Bill <>
Date: Saturday, July 4, 2009, 6:37 AM

Hi,

I've been "lurking" for a couple of years and toying with some homegrown eq=
uipment but I'm starting to "move up" to more professional quality and am c=
urrently looking at new headphones.

Would anyone be willing to comment on or make comparisons among:
Sony MDR 7506,
AKG K 141 MKII or 240,
Sennheiser 25-1 II

What are the advantages of the more expensive phones that make them worth t=
he extra money?

Are there other headphones in this $100-$200 range that I should be conside=
ring?

Many thanks.

Bill Taffe
Rumney, NH