Yellowstone CD

Subject: Yellowstone CD
From: "supernielsen" supernielsen
Date: Sat Jul 4, 2009 8:21 pm ((PDT))
I haven't been active on the list in a while, but today I was browsing the =
posts, and noticed a thread from a few months ago about Yellowstone. Which =
got me to thinking...

A couple of years ago, I made a CD of recordings in Yellowstone. Specifical=
ly, I spent a week in October recording, long days capturing every geotherm=
al feature I could get, geysers, mud pots, steam vents. Afterward, I spent =
quite a bit of time editing it all down to a 50 track, 70 minute CD, clear =
of all the noises of man and all that. At the time I had hoped to convince =
Xanterra (the concession company) to carry it in their stores in the park. =
So I pressed 2000 copies of the disc.

But I never heard back from them after my first inquiry, my 'other' job got=
 busy, and long story short, I still have most of the copies of the CD. I'v=
e pretty much given up hope of selling them at this point, I simply don't h=
ave the time to be a salesmen and never got around to finding an outlet for=
 them (anyone on the list own a Yellowstone Related Gift Shop?) Sigh...

Point being, if anyone here would like a copy of the disc, and would just b=
e willing to cover shipping (either by sending a prepaid envelope or someth=
ing) I'm happy to give out a copy to you. I made the disc mostly as an expe=
riment, and because I love listening to the incredible sounds of the featur=
es. I have long since written off the 'cost' of it as an exercise in gettin=
g a CD made.

I'm pretty happy with the way it came out, everything was recorded at 24/96=
 with my extended frequency Schoeps MS rig, onto a 722. It was mastered in =
ProTools into a seamless 70 minute piece, with 50 different features. I'll =
include the track list. If anyone is interest, simply contact me off the li=
st, and I'll figure out how to get you a copy. Otherwise, they're destined =
to be drink coasters I guess.

Here's the track list: