Re: Yellowstone CD

Subject: Re: Yellowstone CD
From: "Danny Meltzer" dannymeltzer
Date: Sat Jul 4, 2009 9:00 pm ((PDT))
Hey Tim,

Looks like a cool set of tracks.  I'd be interested in hearing it.

While pressing 2000 CDs without a plan for distribution may have been a bit=
 hasty...I wouldn't be so down about it.  Why not put a listing on CD Baby =
or Amazon?  It won't cost you anything and you might sell some CDs.  Or put=
 it on iTunes, which is free [actually CD Baby does this for you if you sel=
l with them].

Certainly make another attempt to contact the company that runs the shops i=
n the park.  The key would be finding the name of the person who actually d=
ecides that stuff, i.e. the 'buyer'.

Danny

--- In  "supernielsen" <> wrote:

> I haven't been active on the list in a while, but today I was browsing th=
e posts, and noticed a thread from a few months ago about Yellowstone. Whic=
h got me to thinking...

> A couple of years ago, I made a CD of recordings in Yellowstone. Specific=
ally, I spent a week in October recording, long days capturing every geothe=
rmal feature I could get, geysers, mud pots, steam vents. Afterward, I spen=
t quite a bit of time editing it all down to a 50 track, 70 minute CD, clea=
r of all the noises of man and all that. At the time I had hoped to convinc=
e Xanterra (the concession company) to carry it in their stores in the park=
. So I pressed 2000 copies of the disc.

> But I never heard back from them after my first inquiry, my 'other' job g=
ot busy, and long story short, I still have most of the copies of the CD. I=
've pretty much given up hope of selling them at this point, I simply don't=
 have the time to be a salesmen and never got around to finding an outlet f=
or them (anyone on the list own a Yellowstone Related Gift Shop?) Sigh...

> Point being, if anyone here would like a copy of the disc, and would just=
 be willing to cover shipping (either by sending a prepaid envelope or some=
thing) I'm happy to give out a copy to you. I made the disc mostly as an ex=
periment, and because I love listening to the incredible sounds of the feat=
ures. I have long since written off the 'cost' of it as an exercise in gett=
ing a CD made.

> I'm pretty happy with the way it came out, everything was recorded at 24/=
96 with my extended frequency Schoeps MS rig, onto a 722. It was mastered i=
n ProTools into a seamless 70 minute piece, with 50 different features. I'l=
l include the track list. If anyone is interest, simply contact me off the =
list, and I'll figure out how to get you a copy. Otherwise, they're destine=
d to be drink coasters I guess.

> Here's the track list:
>
> 01. Fountain Paint Pots
> 02. Fountain Paint Steam Vent
> 03. Red Spouter Pool
> 04. Jet Geyser Idle
> 05. Clepsydra Geyser
> 06. The Grumbler
> 07. Cliff Geyser
> 08. Black Sand Basin Steam Vent
> 09. Grotto Geyser Idling
> 10. Spasm Geyser
> 11. Unnamed Spouter
> 12. Tea Kettle Spring
> 13. Aurum Geyser
> 14. Beach Spring
> 15. Ear Spring
> 16. Artist Paint Pots
> 17. Tardy Geyser
> 18. Scalloped Spring
> 19. Penta Geyser
> 20. Sawmill Geyser
> 21. Minute Geyser
> 22. Pearl Geyser
> 23. Spasmodic Geyser
> 24. Churning Geyser
> 25. Sulfur Cauldron
> 26. Black Dragon's Cauldron
> 27. Dragon's Mouth Spring
> 28. Castle Geyser
> 29. Mud Volcano
> 30. Pump Geyser
> 31. Grizzly Paint Pots
> 32. Anemone Geyser
> 33. Unnamed Steam Vents
> 34. Yellow Funnel Spring
> 35. Doublet Pool Vent
> 36. Unnamed Fumarole
> 37. Porcelain Springs Vent
> 38. Veteran Geyser
> 39. Spouter Geyser
> 40. Comet Geyser Idle
> 41. Mortar Geyser Idle
> 42. Blue Mud Steam Vent
> 43. Puff-N-Stuff Geyser
> 44. Spouter Geyser Vent
> 45. Daisy Geyser
> 46. West Thumb Paint Pots
> 47. Lion Geyser Group
> 48. Black Warrior Lake
> 49. Firehole Spring
> 50. Old Faithful Geyser
>
> Tim

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: