Re: Noise removal technique described (was: Filtering out jet planes

Subject: Re: Noise removal technique described (was: Filtering out jet planes
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:43 am ((PDT))
At 8:17 AM -0500 4/14/09, Curt Olson wrote:
>Andrew Skeoch wrote:
>
>>  Often I think I'm documenting disappearing natural soundscapes. But
>>  maybe in the future we'll find we were actually documenting an
>  > ephemeral period of man-made noisescapes! Maybe I should keep al
>>  those vehicle noises IN :-)
>
>Now there's an optimistic view, for ya! Great twist on it, Andrew.
>
>Curt Olson

Yes. Ideas and human energy are needed to help the alternatives and
optimism grow.

In the final chapter of Gordon Hempton's book, "One square Inch of
Silence," an FAA official describes aviation's next generation, as
"silent aircraft."  Flight even quieter than birds. Can't you see
words like, "ephemeral" working their way into the jet engine ad copy?

Its a time of rapid, significant change and the only time we have to
work with. My best guess is that recordists most closely resemble
monitors or sentinels.   Rob D.