Re: Chickens and aggressive birds

Subject: Re: Chickens and aggressive birds
From: "Charles Veasey" veasec
Date: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:28 am ((PDT))
Great recording even though domestification
isn't...perhaps....huh...natural, haha

 From the post web link:
"I got a little freaked out when they started flapping towards my face."

I had a similar experience with a canada goose a few days ago. I think
he/she was protecting a mate, because when I walked close to another
one, it jumped out of the water, running at me hissing with its tongue
out. It then flew straight at my face beak open, tongue lashing and
hissing. What was I to do, but run away. Maybe if I had my pistol grip I
would have caught it on tape, but I was afraid it would knock down my
tripod.

thanks for the post,
Charles