Re: New Book by Gordon Hempton ;-))

Subject: Re: New Book by Gordon Hempton ;-))
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:53 am ((PDT))
Hi Bernie!
To my credit and discredit, I try my best to assume that folks try to
do what is right and good and represent their experiences honestly
and accurately as time permits. Yes, some persons try very hard and
think Gordon's book sets good examples.

So far, I've only come across appreciation in Gordon's book.  I was
surprised at how accepting, in tone, his attitude is-- even when a
mindless intrusion cuts into a perfect listening opportunity. His
writing seems to be set on large goals. I don't know much about
Gordon's relation with his co-writer but the experiences are most
certainly Gordon's and I'm finding the book to be informative,
inspiring and very well-written.

I keep thinking of people I'd like to send copies to who think I'm
nuts (for always stopping to point out something to listen to). Maybe
there will be more and more texts like this as we develop as animals.
I feel that would be a very good sign. Rob D.

  =3D =3D =3D

At 6:06 AM -0700 3/11/09, Bernie Krause wrote:
>Haven't yet read the book, but just hope Hempton can elevate his own
>vision this time without disparaging the work of others in the
>process. BTW, did he actually write it or did Grossman?
>
>Bernie Krause
>
>On Mar 10, 2009, at 8:37 PM, Rob Danielson wrote:
>
>>  At 9:09 PM +0000 3/10/09, John Tudor wrote:
>>  >I saw this on the phonography site, so thought I'd copy it here. Can
>>  >I hear cringing in the background.....
>>  >
>>  >Renowned nature recording Gordon Hempton has a book+cd coming out
>>  >later this month in North America about his One Square Inch of
>>  Silence
>>  >project!
>>  ><<http://www.onesquareinchofsilence.org/>http://www.onesquareinchofsil=
ence.org/><http://www.onesquareinchofsilence.org/>http://www.onesquareincho=
fsilence.org/
dschuster.com/9781416559085><http://books.simonandschuster.com/978141655908=
5>http://books.simonandschuster.com/9781416559085
>>  >
>>  >He's also doing a reading tour across the states in April:
>>  ><<http://authors.simonandschuster.com/Gordon-Hempton/45345383/author_a=
ppearances>http://authors.simonandschuster.com/Gordon-Hempton/45345383/auth=
or_appearances