Re: XLR cables in Japan, and DAC

Subject: Re: XLR cables in Japan, and DAC
From: "justinasia" justinasia
Date: Sun Mar 8, 2009 5:52 am ((PDT))
> > Finally I decided this may be the best for the price range:
> > http://www.head-fi.org/forums/blogs/currawong/339-introduction-zero-dac-headphone-amplifier.html
>
> Interesting find. But did you read about the problems some were experiencing
> with the Zero? Perhaps the Compass might be a better choice?

Better quality perhaps, but more expensive. The other cheap unit which looks
attractive is this:
http://www.amb.org/audio/gamma1/

It's the size of a credit card! (But thicker of course). Has great reviews too.
It's a kit but can be made for you and shipped internationally for a total of
$185.

> What software are you using?

Ah.. haven't got that far yet. I am finding there are so many steps to arrange!
I thought I would do some recording before tackling that stage, but if you have
any good free software to recommend I'd be happy to hear it. Up until now the
only editing I have been doing is with Audacity.

Justin