Re: Introduction, and question on Cicada calls.

Subject: Re: Introduction, and question on Cicada calls.
From: "John Tudor" jtudor2005
Date: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:26 am ((PST))
Hi Alec

Here is a recording of crickets from South Australia

http://tinyurl.com/aguwnd

My main reason for posting it originally was to query the chirps up
above 10kHz. They turn out to be bats (southern-free tailed bat)

Here is a link to the original post
http://tinyurl.com/dlomqz

You'll see from the post that I had to upload three different versions
of the audio file because in an effort to keep the size down, I'd lost
the detail during MP3 compression. So by the third version (in the
link above) I had the sample rate OK. The bats come in about half way
through the recording.

FYI Sennheiser ME66 directly into Sound Devices 702

Regards
John