Re: Merlins

Subject: Re: Merlins
From: "Lou Judson" inaudio
Date: Mon Feb 9, 2009 9:24 am ((PST))
Minor linguistic quibble, no offense intended:

It is a single stereo mic system, so the other species are located
off to the right, not "panned."

Panning specifically means locating a mono source in a stereo mix.
While the effect is the same (it comes out the right speaker or
earphone) the term pan is incorrect for s single stereo field.

Pardon me quibbling, as it is a really fine recording! And a good
question, too. Yes MS can work in a parabola!

<L>