Merlins! (was: "Facebook Group")

Subject: Merlins! (was: "Facebook Group")
From: "Heather Perkins" landonewts
Date: Mon Feb 9, 2009 9:13 am ((PST))
Awesome, Martyn, thank you. And in Seattle, no less! I've been
watching raptors in the PNW all my life, and have never had a
confirmed sighting of a merlin - just a few "maybes," so this is
amazing. The day I see a merlin will be a happy one indeed. Thanks
for sharing the sonic equivalent with the list!

Over my lifetime I have seen the wild raptors come back - when I was
a kid, I rarely saw them in the city limits, and now I see bald and
golden eagles, osprey, red-tail hawks, sharp shins, cooper's hawks,
and kestrels in my urban neighborhood. Even peregrine falcons down by
the Willamette! It's so noisy where I live that I don't get many good
bird recordings, but the sightings are most welcome.

Thanks again.

- H